The BLUelf Prestained Protein Ladder is a three-color protein s tandard with 13 prestained proteins covering a wide range molecular weights fro m 3.5 to 245 kilodalton (kDa). Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore except for two reference bands (one green and one red band at 25 kDa a nd 75 kDa respectively) when separated on SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) with Tris-glycine-SDS running buffer. The BLUelf Prestained Protein Ladder is designed for monitoring protein separation during SDS-PAGE, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon, or nitrocellulose) and for approximating the size of p roteins. The ladder is supplied in gel loading buffer and is ready to use. Do not heats, dilute, and add reducing agent before loading.
- Broad range: 3.5-245 kDa (Tris-glycine-SDS running buffer)
- Ready-to-use: supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
- Easy to identify: includes the ~25, ~75 kDa reference bands coupled with a green and a red dye
- Sharp bands
- Monitoring of protein migration during SDS-PAGE.
- Monitoring of protein transfer onto membranes during Western blots.
- Sizing of proteins on SDS-PAGE and Western blots.
Approximately 0.1~0.4 mg/ml of each protein in the buffer (20 mM Tris-phosphate, pH 7.5 at 25°C), 2 % SDS, 0.2 mM Dithiothreitol, 3.6 M Urea, and 15 % (v/v) Glycerol.
The quality of the BLUelf Prestained Protein Ladder is tested on a lot-to-lot basis to ensure consistent product quality.
Stable for up to 2 weeks at 25°C.
Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C.
For long term storage, store at -20°C.