The BLUeye Prestained Protein Ladder is a three-color protein standard with 12 prestained proteins covering a wide range molecular weights fro m 10 to 245 kilodalton (kDa). Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore except for two reference bands (one green and one red band at 25 kDa a nd 75 kDa respectively) when separated on SDS-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) with Tris-glycine-SDS running buffer. The BLUeye Prestain ed Protein Ladder is designed for monitoring protein separation during, verification of Western transfer efficiency on membranes (PVDF, nylon, or nitrocellulos e) and for approximating the size of proteins. The ladder is supplied in gel loading buffer and is ready to use.
- Broad range: 10-245 kDa (Tris-glycine-SDS running buffer)
- Ready-to-use: supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
- Easy to identify: includes the ~25, ~75 kDa reference bands coupled with a green and a red dye
- Sharp bands
- Monitoring of protein migration during SDS-PAGE.
- Monitoring of protein transfer onto membranes during Western blots.
- Sizing of proteins on SDS-PAGE and Western blots.
Approximately 0.1~0.4 mg/ml of each protein in the buffer (20 mM Trisphosphate, pH 7.5 at 25°C), 2 % SDS, 0.2 mM Dithiothreitol, 3.6 M Urea, and 15 % (v/v) Glycerol.
The quality of the BLUeye Prestained Protein Ladder is tested on a lot-to-lot basis to ensure consistent product quality.
Stable for up to 2 weeks at 25°C.
Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C.
For long term storage, store at -20°C.